Ecology Camp: The Wild Wonders of Your Own Backyard (Full, waitlist 19)
When is it?July 15, 2013 to July 19, 2013
M-F: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Who can attend?
Students entering grades 4-7.
Campers spend a week traveling to local wildlife locations within Centre County to study species, hike through the woods and meadows, search for salamanders, turtles, and other insects, birds, fish, and animal species. This camp fosters an understanding of the connection that local fluora and fauna have with energy consumption and the footprint we are leaving behind. The camp offers a daily "creature feature" and opportunities to discuss and study note guides and connecting concepts regarding ecology.
Lunch and Snacks
- Snacks and drinks will be provided each day during activity breaks.
- A lunch should be brought from home for each camper Monday - Friday.
Camp fees and registration
Register before midnight March 31, 2012
- $390 (day camp only)
Register after 12 am April 1, 2012
- $420 (day camp only)
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Please drop your child off from between 8:15 and 8:30 am. Camp ends promptly at 4:30 pm. Please arrange to pick him/her up by 4:30 pm unless you opt for extended care (drop off from 7:45 am; pick up by 5:15 pm).
Extended Care - based on enrollment
- Add $50 per child per week for each child registered.
- Optional drop-off starting at 7:45 am, pick up by 5:15 pm, Monday -Thursday.
- Note: Extended care is not offered on Friday. Each camper must be picked up by 4:30 pm after the campers return on Friday.