Registration Overview - (Reg. for 2017 Opens Jan. 18, 2017)
Steps to Register
- Read and decide which camp(s) you will register your child(ren) for.
- Determine if your child(ren) will be attending camp as a COMMUTER or RESIDENTIAL camper.
- Determine if you will be applying for financial aid.
- Click on any REGISTER NOW tab (to the left, under Penn State Science) to go to the CVENT registration page.
Complete registration information pages. (Note: If you are applying for financial aid, submit the information and materials as instructed. No payment should be made until you receive an email notifying you about a reward status).
Submit payment and wait for confirmation email.
A new Eberly College of Science guideline for Science-U camps authorizes only students attending school in the United States to register for camps. As in previous years, parents/guardians are required to identify their child's school/school district during registration. Registrations that do not identify a U.S. school or school district will not be accepted.
CVENT Registration System
Science-U summer camp registration is controlled by CVENT, a secure external website linked to this page. Once you are ready to register for a particular camp, click on any of the REGISTER NOW tabs, and you will be taken to CVENT to register. Note: CVENT has a time-out function after 10 minutes of no 'clicking/mouse' activity.
June 14th, 2017
There are two types of scholarships available to Science-U campers:
- The AAUW State College Branch 2017 Merit-Based STEM Scholarships for Girls in Centre County (Grades 6-12): http://www.sciencecamps.psu.edu/registration/aauw-scholarship
- The Science Leadership Camp Scholarship - http://www.sciencecamps.psu.edu/registration/science-leadership-camp-scholarship-process
- Once registration opens on January 18th, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., go to www.sciencecamps.psu.edu and click on the “Register Now” icon on the left side of the page. Register your child on-line for his/her chosen camps and select the “Financial Aid (no-payment)” option during checkout. Camp spots fill quickly so plan to register as early as possible!
- Answer the five questions that appear on the registration form once the “Financial Aid” option is selected: (1) total household annual income, (2) total number of family members in household, (3) whether the child qualifies for free or reduced school lunches (4) the amount of financial support received by each child, and (5) an electronic signature. (Note: Since we are not collecting tax returns or paycheck stubs, you will be held under penalty of law to supply information that is true and accurate.)
- Submit the following WITHIN TWO BUSINESS WEEKS of your registration date:
- A supporting letter from the parent/guardian that describes how attending the camp will enhance their child’s summer experience
- A 100-word handwritten essay, by each child applying, on this topic: "Why I want to go to a Penn State Science camp this summer." No typed or computer-produced essays will be accepted. If your child(ren) is/are too young to write an essay, words and/or drawings will be acceptable. Each child's essay must be mailed or faxed to the Science-U Office