AAUW State College Branch: 2017 Merit-Based STEM Scholarships for Girls in Centre County (entering Grades 6-12 in Fall 2017)
Who is eligible:
entering 6th through 12th grade in the Fall 2017 who
reside in or attend a school district within Centre County, including the State
College, Bellefonte, Bald Eagle, Penns Valley, and Philipsburg-Osceola area school
- Sincere interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Math (STEM)
- Demonstration of a positive attitude and strength of character
- All materials are due by February 28, 2017.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the AAUW State College Branch STEM Committee.
- Applicants will be notified by March 30, 2017.
Instructions for Applicants:
1. With a parent/guardian, go to the Science-U website and complete the online registration form for the camp of your choice. Registration for Science-U opens at 10am on January 18, 2017.
- Select the camp of your choice. If the camp of your choice is full, select "add to wait list".
- Indicate your intention to apply for a scholarship from the AAUW State College branch.
- Payment will not be required, but your parent/guardian will be asked to disclose basic financial information. (For reporting and secondary consideration purposes only; selection is merit-based.
2. Write a 1-page essay (with your name at the top) that includes the following:
- What area of science interests you the most and why?
- Which Science-U camp did you choose and how do you think attending this camp will benefit you?
- If selected, how will you use this experience to encourage others to be interested in STEM?
3. Ask a teacher from a previous or current science, mathematics, engineering, or technology class to complete the Teacher Recommendation Form (PDF Format). (Remind them to submit before the deadline!)
4. Submit your essay in one of the following ways:
Science-U Summer Camp Program
AAUW State College Branch STEM Scholarship Committee
201 Ritenour Building
University Park, PA 16802
For paper registration forms, questions, or more info, contact the Science-U office at (814) 865-0083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
STEM Scholarship Info can be accessed through the AAUW-SCB website: www.aauwstatecollege.org/stem.html