2017 Science Leadership Camp Scholarship Process
- Sincere interest in learning about Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Math (STEM)
- Demonstration of leadership potential, a positive attitude, and strength of character
- Entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in Fall 2017
- Eligibility for financial assistance
This scholarship program seeks to attract diverse individuals. Underrepresented, underserved, and female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Instructions for Applicants - click here for a PDF version
With a parent/guardian, go to the Science-U website (www.sciencecamps.psu.edu ) and complete the online registration form for Science Leadership Camp. * Registration opens at 10am, January 18th, 2017.
- If Science Leadership Camp is full, select “add to wait list”.
- Indicate your intention to apply for the Science Leadership Scholarship.
- Payment will not be required, but your parent/guardian will be asked to disclose basic financial information to determine eligibility for the scholarship.
*Space will be held for the applicant until all scholarships have been awarded.
Write a 1-2 page essay (with your name at the top) that answers the following:
- What areas of science interest you the most and why?
- Why are you motivated to become a leader in science?
- How will your attendance at Science Leadership Camp benefit you and your community?
Save your essay as a PDF titled “SL Scholarship Essay by [full name]” and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (attach PDF) with the subject: “SL Scholarship Essay by [full name of applicant]”.
Ask a teacher from a previous or current science, mathematics, or technology class to complete the Teacher Recommendation Form (PDF Format). (Remind them submit before the deadline!)
- April 15, 2017 - Application deadline (you will receive an email confirmation when your application is complete)
- May 1, 2017 - Scholarship winners will be notified via email.